The little plastic throne has made its way into our living room again for round two! I was prepared this time unlike my first attempt at potty training Declin. You can read all about that major fail here!
We are on day 5 and Declin is doing a kick ass job and having very few accidents! So I thought I would share the things that helped me the most this time around.
- Read Oh Crap! Potty Training Jamie Glowacki, who is dubbed “The Pied Piper of Poop” really knows her shit. Literally.
- Get a simple, no frills potty chair. We used the Baby Bjorn potty because is was short enough for Declin to sit on it by himself.
- Treats. DON’T FORGET THE TREATS! We used m&ms because that was something that Declin hadn’t had yet so it was a fun new treat for using the potty. I only used them for the first two days that way he didn’t expect them every time he used the potty.
- Get a travel potty to leave in the car! We like this one from OXO because it can stand on its own or go over a full sized toilet.
- The most important tip I can give is don’t stress yourself out over it! The first time I tried I was so anxious and I think Declin picked up on that and wanted nothing to do with the potty. This time I was a lot more laid back about the whole thing and he was more open and accepting to it. If you try and you don’t get anywhere in a few days take a step back, regroup and try again in a week or so!
Good luck on your potty training adventures! If you are a seasoned pro leave a few more tips below in the comments to help out all of us newbies! Don’t forget to come back and let me know how it goes! ❤️
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you shop through the links posted above I am compensated a small percentage at no additional cost to you.